|keeping ourselves entertained.|
The weekend weather gave us just a teeny tiny bit of reprieve and we played basketball and took a few walks and now I am sick. Again. I am ready for my pity party or even better; a full-time job in South Beach that allows for four children to be in tow.
But, in spite of all the blahs that are lingering outside, I have been having fun cooking in the kitchen, inside.
You and everyone you know just has to make this: Chicken and Black Bean-Stuffed Burritos, courtesy of Cooking Light. I had been eyeing this recipe for a few weeks, wondering if it really fit the bill. You know what I mean? It sounded good, but you just never know, and I've got a ridiculously stupid talent of picking out new recipes that just....suck. But, I took a chance and It. Is. Fabulous. Like, I am obsessed, fabulous.
Here is the recipe.
Now. Just to make myself feel better, here is a list of things that are happening this month that, if I can just keep focused on, I might not give in to the cold and S.A.D. that is taking over.
- a Pampered Chef party. Have you seen their basting brushes? Amazing.
- seeing two of my little sweeties wrestle is a singlet. Ha ha ha...I can't wait. It will be the cutest most hilarious thing EVER.
- my bro-in-law's birthday party, where I am hoping some kind of cake will make an appearance.
- Valentine's Day, even though my husband thinks this is a stupid holiday (and I do, too) it is still fun to act like a love-struck doofus. (Balloons and a HUGE card for his office? Riot!)(I want fresh bright pink flowers, by the way.)
- my mom's birthday party....more cake.
- meeting the Pioneer Woman (and shopping in a 3-story mall!)(a weekend without the kids!)
- The last good month for homemade hot chocolate.
- ...and perhaps the best part of all to happen this month, the Girl Scout cookies I ordered will finally be in! Bring on the Samoas, because I am totally not sharing.
Wow. I feel better, already. Now, if someone would just paste beach scenes over all the windows and rub me down with coconut tanning oil every day...we might just make it this month.